10.08.2010

The Illiterate and The Sins

In this world, there are billions of people who have never heard of Jesus, and if they have they have no clue of what it means, what it stands for.

While we occupy our lives trying to grab the wind with our own hands, there are many going into eternity without the knowledge of who is Jesus of Nazareth. One good example, is the woman who works or cleans my the house. As in my country, we use house maids to clean our house and usually these are really humble people who never had the opportunity to an education. Even tho, we help her in many ways, it's  very hard.


Well, I love to sit and talk to her during the afternoons and while talking to her, I noticed she can't read or write. She barely talks and her thoughts are very poor and limited. So as she sat there while I ate my lunch, we came across a topic which was about sins and she stated that she has never sinned. Her comment made me ask her if she knew what the word "sin" stands for and she said, angry, scream to others, etc.

I signed, because  I didn't know how far her knowledge went.

I began to let her know into what sins were and as I came across the topic "sexual relationships" she spoke over me and said "that's not true, even the holy spirit did it..." (Oh lord, I said.)


If it were me, a while back, I would most probably have insulted her but my beautiful kind voice inside said leave her to her ignorance she knows nothing about me. I just replied, Is this your biggest battle, eh? Because the person who you just mentioned is the saint-est person I've ever known in my entire life so be careful with what you say.


After coming across people with such a small education, I realized that, while we worry so much about ourselves, we begin to forget about others. These people have no one who could talk to them about Jesus. That is why she replied like she replied, for having so little knowledge on God.

Now, I read the bible and the daily readings to her once in a while but I do have to explain many things; may God grant me the patience while I do that.

No comments: