10.14.2010

The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit


If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The Holy Spirit. John(14:15-17)


The Holy Spirit is our God, the Spirit is a full person of the Trinity, it's crucial to understand that the Holy Spirit is a person; he is part of the Holy Trinity with Father and Son. A person who is here on behalf of Jesus  Christ and the Father and at the same time he represents the trinity.


As Jesus said: 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.




The second thing to understand is that the Holy Spirit is a teacher.  


21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."


26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 




 The wisdom, the knowledge and the understanding that the Holy spirit can offer you could never be compared to what the world and your level of education can ever offer you. 

It is only through the power of the Holy Spirit in which you can change a life our lives for a full meaning and make a difference. It's why it is crucial as a born in Christ that we must depend on God's Spirit. Never intend to do something without asking the Holy Spirit to help, not even to build your business without asking the Holy Spirit for help. Personally, I don't come out through the doors of my house without asking the holy spirit to help me.




The Spirit of Truth, the world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you


27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.



Not only does the Holy Spirit teaches you, it communicate, intercedes, testifies, guides, commands, appoints, leads, seals the promise and shapes our lives. Therefore he has a personality himself, he has a passion, an intellect and a will and that's why we must come to know the Holy Spirit so he could help us through the tough times of life. As it states in John, let not you hearts be troubled (for what the world offers) and do not be afraid.


Without the Holy Spirit, there is no joy, no peace in our lives.  The Holy Spirit gives life, makes it joyful, encourages us, is our counselor, our defense, makes us obedient, builds us up, and energizes and makes effective and worth living our lives as we learn to glorify Jesus Christ bringing joy and peace to the believer; revealing the wonderful touch of God's love to all who call upon the Lord.


The best thing about the Holy Spirits' attributes is that he is eternal, it has neither beginning nor end, he is Omni-potent, he has all powers, Omni-present, he is everywhere at the same time and Omni-scientist, he understands all matters.

I must add, he is just amazing...





Amazing books to read:


The Mystery of the Holy Spirit


The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life


Living in the Power of the Holy Spirit

No comments: