10.07.2010

The Lonely Girl

As I tranferred from one college to another and left my friends back at the other college, I didn't feel the need to really make much friends at this new college, I really thought they were all too young and naive for me to sit and talk to them.

Yes I was selfish. I know.

I now have friends tho, but I miss one the most, one who was really but really intellectual and very open and was able to talk about anything; well one day in school she saw me and said she had broken up with her boyfriend, she was trying to hold herself strong and also stated she was depressed and that she had dropped out for a while but I never saw her again after that.

I hope that where ever she is, she finds herself in a great state, full of joy and always covered in Gods blessings. God Bless her.


Well, I was hungry, thirsty, and decided to have some coffee and sit under a tree. There was also a girl there, I asked her if she doesn't mind because this true is a very good friend of mine and I had come to visit the tree. Not that I talk to the tree or anything but I like the tree and the shade it gives me. Anyway, as I sit there, I see she is looking very concentrated in listening to the music through her headsets but I tried talking to her... It felt like an urge to talk to her, I don't know why but I did. To start, I mumbled some words to myself to see if she notices whether I am trying to say something or not and she did, so I asked her if she is new in school and she said yes and kept on talking as if I had opened a tap water and wasn't able to close again.

She states that not only she is new but that she doesn't feel comfortable in college, she doesn't like it. I said well, I don't like the school either because many people don't just come to study they come for other things and it's more of a social encounter than anything else but in reality, I noticed that it wasn't the school that she didn't like, it was the degree she had chosen to study which was marketing because her father to some extent didn't give her more options but her personal choice was architecture.


During the conversation, well, honestly it was more of her conversation than mine because it felt like the one that wanted to talk was her and felt like she somehow had no one to talk to.

I discovered that she has a slight inclination like me to music but also art, more like creativity section. Also, as she stated, she is a depressive person who's been through psychiatrics and many treatments but never finishes them and has even come across suicidal thoughts.

Suddenly almost immediately, I came into silence and asked God why all of this time nobody has sat there but me alone when I usually come to sit and this time, today, he sends me someone and someone with LOTS to say... "If this is your will, I said, please put in me words of knowledge, wisdom and truth to say because I don't want her to go back home and commit some suicidal or rebellious actions... at that point she stated she didn't even want to go to class and she had a class to expose that day but was planning to not expose just for no reason but for fear.

Quite frankly, I didn't know what to say.

The first thing, was, do you know who can actually help you, by excellence? she paused, she looked at my finger pointing above and said, GOD, and I said, our faithful friend in Jesus, no one but him. The second thing that came trough my mind was, when you die, whose the one who will stop breathing, you or me? I paused, and said remember, life will go on without you and also would be committing a sin.

I also asked her, when you look at me what do you see and what comes through your head? she answered a nice, sympathetic person and I followed her saying by saying "but BEFORE, I was a rebellious person, I drank, I partied like an animal but many times I felt alone;




I was a drug addict, I lived a rock n' roll life, broke many commandments in the bible, used the bibles pages for my friends to smoke weed, and even came to inject cocaine through my veins and was weighing almost 70lbs, do you see any traces, now? she said no.

God, rose me up, into the real life.

I also advised her to go to her class and at least say something and forget about the fears, fears usually never get you anywhere anyway. In life there are many battles to fight and this is one of your battles. Stay firm and never think that you're alone. In Jesus, we are not alone and always remember that the battles are mostly caused by the one who calls himself the prince of the air, that is if you believe in the Good and the Evil.


Now that I write this, I don't even know her name and I don't think we got to exchange names or introduce ourselves and I've never seen her again.


My Blessing to her and may the Lord give her strength, where ever she is today!

No comments: