10.16.2010

New Life Individually

New Life Individually


Ephesians 2, 1-10


1And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
 2in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.


 3Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.


 4But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),  6and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,  7so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.


 8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;  9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.


 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.


New Life Corporately


One in Christ


 11Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)—12remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 

13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

 14For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 


17He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.


 19Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 


21In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 


22And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.


Jeremiah’s Call and Commission

Jeremiah 1 (17-19)

 17 "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. 18 Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. 19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

------
6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
 7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you.


 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

 9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth.

 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."


Luke 12, 4-12

Warnings & Encouragements


4"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more.


5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

 


6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 


7Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.


 8"I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God. 9But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God. 10And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.


 11"When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, 12for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."

Prayer: 

Lord, I thank you for my life, for the blessings I've received, help me, oh lord to conserve them. Grant me wisdom and knowledge to know you more. Give me faith to believe that you are powerful and that your plans are marvelous upon my life. grant me the grace to enjoy your inheritance of your glory that you have promised  me and help me live within the hope of finding myself with you, one day.

Amen.

No comments: