10.03.2010

Our Sins, Feeling Shameful?

Yesterday, my second day in a seminar, I came in when a man spoke about his experiences in life and how he came to know God.

He mentioned something he did that made me realize that I did it as well and probably to the ears of some is very bad, in fact it almost seems like a crime. And thinking about it, made me realize that I have done many things, commited, to say many crimes or many sins which I am not proud nor did I like admitting my sins today but because of those sins I met God and most importantly I am proud to say I am someone else today and that person who actually commited those sins or thoughts is now dead.

It's a reality, that in most cases when you realize that you have done certain things, you can't help feeling shameful about those things because you do realize they weren't good at all. Just when he mentioned that he had a bible in his house for one reason; a woman, a friend had given it to him because the pages were useful for rolling marijuana but that same bible was God's instrument to speak to him, it had me thinking, wait, I am not the only one who has done that and it is not a shame of admitting it. Yet I felt so ashamed of my sins, of the things I was capable of doing but then it gave me strength because those things were the reasons which God had come to my rescue and made me realize that what I did was wrong.

It is not to say that you should sin in order to meet God, it is to say, that even to people who don't believe, make fun or say he does not exist is to those that he actually shuts our mouths up and makes us swallow our own "spits", our own words.

I mentioned on one of my posts that I was a person who since a child, in my early teenage years I believed in God, I would praise, pray to Mary for interceding and go to church on my own, but my mind became weak at some point in life which I came to actually believe that I didn't believe in God, I became atheist for some reason. No, not for some reason, but because my friends at the current time were atheist and somehow managed to brain wash me at that time; to fit in.

To fit in, you commit many crimes, many sins, for what others may think.

Yet, I am able to understand that that person who once came against almost 7 commandments of God, yes, me who also, allowed my friends to rip the pages off my bible and use them as rolling papers for smoking Marijuana, to steal even from gasoline even from the gas stations and my own family, precious things and my precious things as well, to dishonour my family, my parents, to misuse Gods name and take him in vain, to commit adultery and many other things that came to a point in which I lost my own family, threatened my sister to death and threw her out of the house.... and so one, that person who once did that, can now understand that that was the old her and not the new her, it's been four years since I met God for the first time and it was hard for me to say many things, to admit to many things but hey, we are not perfect, all of us have sins which he have committed and there is hope for everyone.

No matter what you have done, where you have been, God has always, does and still love you and will always love you no matter what, no matter who dirty and unworthy you might think you are; you are worthy and deserve his love as well. His love cleanses us, renews us so we can live a better life and have better values to and for ourselves no matter what others think.

You are worth so much to God and his love goes beyond everything.

God Bless You.

No comments: