11.23.2010

Modern christians? Am I really being a Christian?

I woke up one morning, I prayed and I began to feel mad, aggrevated by a thought that had come to my head and I've been meaning to say this and its a thought which hasn't gone away and I really feel that until I don't say it out loud it will not go away...


I didn't really pay much attention while searching the internet and coming across it but  after that morning, it just makes me go mad every time I search the internet and find something that goes like this:

" A website dedicated to modern christians"

Really?  Who on EARTH  said that we need to be modern christians? did Jesus tell you personally that we need to be modern christians... it almost feels as if we have modified his laws to a modern law!

Jesus taught something and his words were eternal, for all times.. not only for when he was around but for your time and my time and for the time to come, all generations and he never included the word, modernization, I don't think I've come across that word in the bible, if you do, please let me know.

I don't understand, many people want to be religious, modern christians, but what does it really mean, that you are able to cover your sins and fool yourselves; what does it mean?

Did God not warn us about adding or substracting anything to the bible or his laws...

This is an insult to God, it's like we are going to believe but do things our way, the way we feel good about it, then again, is this not selffish thinking? dare to ask Jesus wether he wanted to carry his cross, your sins, and be tortured for what you did... not him.

I believe we should turn and head back to our fathers directions and ways of thinking, not ours.

Ask yourselves, if by being a modern christian, Am I really being a Christian?


Thanks Jesus, for the thought.
All we are and all we have
is all a gift from God above.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: